Saturday, March 18, 2017

Disneyland!

This year we celebrated your birthday with your first trip to Disneyland!  You didn't know much about Disneyland before but we talked about it and I showed you some pictures and you were so excited.  Look at those smiles, and this was just on the shuttle from the parking lot!

First things first:  picture in front of the castle of course!

Most of all you couldn't wait to meet Tinkerbell so we headed straight for Pixie Hollow!



Eeeek!  I may have been as excited as you were, just because I know how much you adore Tinkerbell and fairies in general.

Best smile.


As we were leaving Pixie Hollow we just happened upon Mary Poppins so of course we wanted to take a moment to meet her as well.
And off to the teacups.
I spotted a Cinderella mouse while waiting for your turn to ride.
Your turn!  As you are well aware, I don't do spinning so I let Daddy take you on this ride.  While you were waiting in line I spotted Cyrus from your old class in the teacups.  His family never saw us, but what are the chances of that?

Action shot.
And a little video.
Time to break for lunch in Toon Town.
And off to see Mickey!


Exploring Minnie's house.  She was off to lunch with Daisy so we came back to see her later.
Tea party!
Checking out the post office.
Back for Minnie.


Time for a break and after the popsicle, you needed a wardrobe change as well.
All smiles on It's a Small World.  It was a nice long, cool ride to give us a little extra downtime.
Even though there was lots more to see and do you really wanted to go see Tinkerbell again.  When we got there, the wait was a little long so we decided to meet a few princesses first then come back.
6 weeks ago you wouldn't have known who any of the princesses were but there are princess dolls at your new school so, while you still haven't seen any of those movies, you know many of their names anyway so you were still excited.

Snow White.

Ariel.
Cinderella:  "I see that you are dressed in blue.  Do you like the color blue?  It's one of my favorite colors."
You:  "I'm not even wearing a dress, these are pants!"


Okay back to Tinkerbell again.


Lost things!
Here she just discovered that you are a fairy expert.
She wanted to test your knowledge by asking what her favorite color was.  She was blown away when you knew it was green.
Then she tried to think of other questions to further test your knowledge.

It was very sweet.  What a fun job that must be.

Dumbo ride!


After a break for dinner we went on to Winnie the Pooh.

At that point we went to the Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train but it was dark enough I gave up on the camera.

At last, it was time for the Electrical Parade.  Best seat in the house on top of Daddy's shoulders.


We stayed the night in a nearby hotel and visited Downtown Disney the next morning so you could choose a souvenir.
Of course, you picked your own set of fairies.  We wandered around the store for awhile looking at different things but when you spotted these there was no doubt about it, this was the thing.  You played with them the entire car ride home and were covered in glitter by the time we pulled in the driveway.

All in all a fantastic birthday celebration and just a great little getaway for all of us.  We love you kiddo.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica and I road on those teacups only 34 years ago, still look the same. It looks like you had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete