Friday, March 31, 2017

March 2017

Every morning the first thing we talk about is what our fairy names will be for the day.  You play with fairy toys all day long and pretend that we are fairies in every thing that we do.  So when I found you sleeping with this fairy laying perfectly on your chest, it brought a sweet smile to my face.
Family game night.

Trip to The Living Desert zoo.



You made a swimming pool for your action figures.
You like to determine the moods of cars in front of us based on the look of their tail lights.  Volvos are sad.  New Civics are angry.  Etc., etc., etc.
The calendar says it's barely spring but the temperature says SUMMER!
Makeshift watering can (bucket & flower pot with holes).  A simple thing but you had a blast with it.

Me:  "Are you still tired?"
You:  "I wasn't tired the whole night.  I was awake the whole night."
4 year well visit at our new family practitioner, Dr. Hoang.  Your old doctor never took some vitals like blood pressure so it was so sweet when you reached for my hand as the nurse placed the cuff on your arm.

Lunch date!
March 18 you spelled your name aloud.  I tried to get it on video but then you pretended that you didn't know how.
You've started inventing your own projects, which I love.  Here you were making a fairy house out of your tea pot, paper, and lots and lots of tape.
You got your own cookbook and matching Mommy-Daughter aprons for your birthday.  This frog dip was the first thing we tried.

Kinley project:  making coats for all of your fairies so they can visit the Winter Woods and keep their wings warm.

Kinley project:  sun made out of a lid with popsicle sticks glued onto it.
I used to write your thank you's when you receive gifts, but now I let you tell me what to write.  They are so much better that way.  And you did pick out a Snow White doll, so it was even accurate.
First swimming lesson!  You've had two lessons so far and it's going great.





I put you in charge of Friday night dinners so each week you are able to choose one meal and one dessert.  Here are twice baked mouse potatoes that you were super excited about.
You demanded a family photo.
Nice face, Daddy.
Homemade fairy lantern.
The first meal you picked from your new cookbook:  scrambled eggs and raspberry cheesecake.




Your new tent.  Time to try out camping in the backyard!  So excited!




We made it the whole night!  This was early the next morning and, while it's quite blurry, I love it anyway.
Playing a racing game with Daddy.
Spirit week:  Tropical Tuesday.
Aforementioned Snow White doll.
Periwinkle doll too.  They are your "daughters."
New decorations for your bathroom.  I put them up after you were in bed one night so it would be a surprise in the morning.  You love them, of course.

This one is my favorite because she's just about your size.  I tend to think she's your favorite too, though I may be biased.
Spirit week:  Sports Day.  I didn't think to take pictures of all the days so this is all I've got.
Temps in the 90s in early March has us thinking more about how nice it might be to have a pool, so we decided to try something temporary this year and see how much we use it, but we're fairly convinced we could be talked into getting a permanent one.
You (talking about Earth):  "Does it move at night?"
Me:  "Yes."
You:  "Does it move at day?"
Me:  "Yes."
You:  "That's awesome."
Yes Sweetie, it sure is.

Me:  "Don't wipe your hands on the blanket, use a towel."
You:  "Well it's clear.  Water is clear."

You seem to have only recently discovered that poop smells bad and now your are highly offended by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment