Your birthday party is yet to come, but that doesn't mean we haven't been celebrating already. Here you are yesterday celebrating with your class. You chose graham crackers and yogurt, which kept things nice and simple for me.
After school yesterday we went to drop off donations for your annual birthday charity giving. This year you wanted to do something to help people who may be less fortunate than us. I don't know a lot of local charities around here yet, but I found an organization that works with foster families and also has after school programs for African American middle school girls and boys. They requested a variety of items like yoga mats, journals, pens, gift cards, etc.
Your last night as a 4-year old. *sniff, sniff*
You requested pancakes cut in the shape of your name. I wasn't quite up for that, but you seemed satisfied with fancy pancakes with your name in chocolate syrup.
Today was Grandparents & Special Friends Day at school and a half day. Since we don't have any local grandparents and I'm at the school all the time, you decided it would be more special if Daddy was your Special Friend. There was a little performance this morning and you did a craft with Daddy and then it was time to come home.
This meant I had a few hours this morning to work on party prep! When you got home, you wasted no time and wanted to dig into your gifts right away.
Pretty excited about the squawking HeiHei.
Looks just like Moana to me.
You wanted cupcakes for your party but you also requested a little mini cake with decorative frosting on the top and bottom edges with a white 5. This is based on some toy cakes in your classroom. You showed me in advance exactly what it was supposed to look like. I wasn't sure how I was going to make the 5 white without mixing up a separate batch of frosting so I opted for kitchen shears and a large marshmallow. Sticky, but effective.
We still had plenty of time so we all walked to the park and you even got to swim in the pool with Daddy while I made a last minute grocery run for party food.
All in all I think you had a pretty great day and you are even more excited for tomorrow. Love you kiddo!









No comments:
Post a Comment