After months and months of training, today I successfully ran my second half marathon. I am so happy and proud (and also glad it's over). It was really important to me that you see me prioritize this and work towards it. I wanted it to be exciting for you so I also signed you up for the 1K kids run and promised to run it with you because really, when you've already gone 13.1 miles, what's another kilometer anyway?
Here we are picking up our race packets a couple of days ago.
New shirts!
You made me the BEST sign to cheer me on and it was seriously the highlight of my day.
Race Day! 7am start and it was a COLD 36 degrees! After I started my race you all got to go sit in the warm car while I was out running!
Almost race time.
Still smiling!
Finish line in sight! Smiling big at my amazing family cheering me on!
I made it! And check out that time. 2 hrs 10 min! I finished much quicker than I anticipated and shaved 6 minutes off my 2008 time of 2 hrs 16 min! I felt great and was beaming with pride.
Now ready for your run!
Here we go!
You wanted to walk a little off and on, but when other families would start to pass us you always wanted to jump right back into running.
The final stretch.
Yay!
Post-race grub.
I'm so proud of us both!






























No comments:
Post a Comment