Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Field Trip to Mrs. Van Vliet's Garden

Today we had the best field trip to visit Mrs. Van Vliet's garden.  (Mrs. Van Vliet is the teacher of the other kindergarten class.)  You are in the middle with blue hat and blue pants.





Juicing station volunteers.  There was an elaborate relay race to juice oranges and grapefruits and in the end we all got to drink the yummy juice!  This is Hudson's mom, Dallas.  And me, of course.  Kudos to the other parents for getting all the great photos.





Time to taste!
Next was time to harvest!  Each child got a huge bag of vegetables, then we were set free to finish filling the bags with anything else we wanted.  You and I filled ours with citrus fruits.  When it got so heavy I couldn't carry it anymore I had to make you stop.




Everyone made signs for the different items before the trip and then you got to place them when we got there.  Yours was for the grapefruit trees.
Snack time!

We wrapped up the day with a tug-of-war.
This is the point where you landed on the bottom of the pile and came up in full hysterics.  I got stung in the armpit by an ant.  Aside from these two hiccups it was an overwhelmingly successful day.  We even had great weather, which was unexpected at the end of May.
This was our haul!  We had so much fruit I spent an entire morning juicing everything.  We drank the orange and grapefruit juice and made a delicious lemonade concentrate.  One pitcher for now and the rest in the freezer to last us through summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment