Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 2019

Reading in the car.  Always reading in the car.  I keep a stash of books in the door by your seat and you read every time we are in the car.  You probably go through at least 5-10 books a week just in the car.  Your reading is amazing.  You are way above your age level.  I adore this about you and encourage you to read as much as you want.
Free dress day!
Halloween crafting.
Scootering with Dad.
You were so proud to have one of the first Kindness confetti's on the board at school.

And not long after you got a second one.  A little harder to read, this (pink) one says, "A first grader picked up chalk when everybody was going in.  Love 🧡 Kindness"
Watching the ficus tree get cut down in the front yard.  This image of you by the window was like a flashback to you as a little toddler.
The weather is great so we've been trying to take more things outside!  Homework, dinner, reading, whatever we can.
I am volunteering in the school library this year and I am loving it.  I was excited about it at the beginning of the year but now I can honestly say that I look forward to this hour every week.  And when I walk into this quaint little space it brings me so much joy.  I love just browsing the books, I love learning more about how they are arranged and reshelving the books, and most of all I love helping the students find a book that they are interested in.
Cutest note to your piano teacher.  He was so touched when you gave it to him.

Reading again.

Playing school, white boards and all.
Ballet class.  The helpers always read you books until it's time for class to start.
Sitting in the teachers-only chair.  I only let you do this after school is over when I am reshelving books.  *shhhh*
Spirit Week!  Pajama day.  It was COLD!

Twin day.
Fan day.
My friend Amanda did an awesome west coast road trip with her Mom and they went way out of their way to come by and see us!  It was a short visit, but such a great time!
You of course loved Linda and wanted to know why they didn't stay longer.


One day Daddy was trimming the branches from the neighbor's trees which were hanging over in our yard.  This happened to include a couple of branches from their lemon tree, so obviously you and I picked all the lemons to keep.  When we were done....
me:  "My hands smell good from the lemons, do yours smell good?"
you:  *smells hand*  "No."  *smells mine*  "Yeah, mine smells more like a vagina."

No comments:

Post a Comment