Science experiment to test different materials to see what makes the best insulation (hint: not foil!).
Dear Mom,
I hope you like my metal protective mail (homemade foil envelope), I am paying you back for being the best mom in the world! Please return the foil!
Love,
Kinley
Super Bowl commercial BINGO organized by Grandma Norma. You won $5!
Maybe it's 7:00am on a school day and you're in your pajamas, but when it snows, you just gotta go outside.
100th day of school, dress like a 100-year-old.
Making the most of every little bit of snow, we even went out to play during your short P.E. break. These snow pants are at least 3 years old and way too small. You told me, "Mom, I can't bend properly!"
You even got to show your class the snow you collected.
Valentine's Day love letter. 💜
We woke up one Saturday morning to a real snow! I told you we had to at least wait until the sun was up, but we were outside playing just as soon as it was light out.
It continued to snow throughout the day Saturday and most of Sunday too. All told we think we got about 6.5"! We went out to play multiple times each day. Even Dad and I were having fun!
No sled? No problem! We have a garage full of cardboard boxes.
So maybe Dad hurt his back after that, but we just used that as a good excuse to throw snowballs at him when he couldn't really defend himself.
I enjoyed putting the COVID masks to good use for warmth! This was a big improvement over trying to wrap up with a scarf.
It's hard to see but the little pile of snow in front is your representation of me in my wedding dress.
The beautiful Laura.
Our last days in the rental house. Why let the rain stop you from enjoying a good book on the patio?
In other reading news, we finished The Land of Stories series this month. You immediately burst into tears that it was over. I get it, Sweetie, it sucks when your favorite things come to an end.
And finally, moving in to the new house! I know the next few weeks are going to be hectic but I can't wait to get settled in.
Dear Gma,
Happy Birthday! I hope you like being 68, You'll have so many marshmellows! But not much hot chololat, still, Yum!
Reading with Dad and testing out the window seat!
The next morning, I am cleaning up breakfast and the sprayer gets me again. I, of course, assume it's Dad. Next day, same thing happens. Finally it comes out that you have been setting me up on purpose. That night, after you are in bed, I admit to Dad that even though I hate getting sprayed, I do, indeed think it's hilarious that you have been doing this. In the same conversation I tell him that it's going to no longer be funny real soon and I hope you know this is not something that should continue indefinitely.
Next day, I am trying to clean up a soup disaster. I'm frustrated. Dad is in the kitchen helping me. Unbeknownst to either of us, you sneak in while our backs are turned and turn the sprayer on again. So when I am finished and finally ready to clean up the dinner dishes, I immediately get sprayed again. At this point, in a mix of frustration, anger, and a teensy bit of amusement, I declare this is definitely not funny anymore. You never did it again. However, kudos for going all in on the joke. It was indeed hilarious, for awhile.





























No comments:
Post a Comment