Another year, another birthday! In our family it is customary to spread out the celebration, so we started our birthday festivities the weekend before the big day. On Friday after school we got things started when you helped me decorate your birthday cake. You requested angel food cake (which we have now renamed "cloud cake") with white frosting and pink dots.
Time for presents!
Lots of books, of course.
Plus some fun card games from Charlotte and Jack.
Next we got the day going with an early dip in the hot tub.
Then off to pick up lunch from Pickles Deli, your choice.
And when we got home, time for cake!
Yum!
For the new house, we promised you two new bookshelves for your bedroom to house your personal library. They arrived just in time since you received so many new books for your birthday. You loaded them up right away and planted yourself right in between to start in on the new books.
At last, your actual birthday arrived! We kicked the day off with pancakes and hot chocolate with 8 marshmallows!
Before bed the night before, I asked you what you thought 8 was going to be like. You responded that, "I want to stay 7. 8 feels like I'll either drown or break my arm falling off a cliff."
So at breakfast I asked, "Well, you haven't drowned or fallen off a cliff yet, so how does it feel to be 8?" To which you replied, "I feel like I'm a shooting star, but I don't feel like I'm a Vermicious Knid." (Reference to Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, which Mrs. Schnure is currently reading to your class.)
Mrs. Schnure has been playing Irish music during work time for St. Patrick's Day and you are enjoying it so much you asked if we could play Irish music and dance on the patio for P.E.
And at lunch, we found little 8s (mini bell pepper slices) in our salad!
Birthday tea party after school.
A few more presents after dinner. I'm loving this face you made when you opened a lovely charm bracelet from my friend Sharron. You adore it and wear it every day.
And a little more hot tub time and some reading (of course) to finish out the day.
I hope you had a great time celebrating your birthday, I sure did! Though, I always love celebrating you any chance I get. Love you Sweetie!



















No comments:
Post a Comment