Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 2021

March is usually dominated by birthday festivities, but there is, in fact a whole month, so here are a few additional pictures from the rest of the month.

Still wearing my old First Communion dress! I think it's finally starting to get a bit small, but glad you've gotten lots of fun out of it.
It occurred to me that when I wore this dress it was about a month before my 8th birthday, and since this was just before your 8th birthday, and since I'd just finished unpacking old photo albums, I thought it was a good time to compare. You are definitely taller but it's otherwise not all that different in how it fits.

You got wrapped into helping with some of the unpacking.

I am loving these gorgeous sunrises. Not a bad way to wake up each morning.
Trying to stash yourself on the bookshelf?
So many books!
It's warming up, the days are getting longer, and we are loving spending more time outside! After 10 years in California, it's so exciting for me to experience a real spring again. Flowers are blooming, trees are budding, and it's beautiful outside!
Rainbow!
Your class had ladybugs growing in the classroom, so we ordered you a cup of caterpillars to use with your butterfly habitat. All of your class knew about them and you gave them regular updates on how they were growing. More than once I heard students specifically ask Mrs. Schnure if you could give them an update on the caterpillars.
We've been enjoying some of our lunches outside too!
You told to me this month about your Imagination Cabinet. You imagine your brain like a cabinet with drawers. The top drawer contains your "pretend world" ideas and the bottom drawer is for writing ideas. I love this metaphor.

You have been spending a lot of time drawing lately, creating these extravagant pictures of all the characters from your favorite book series.

At one point, you spent all week drawing a picture of a bunch of Harry Potter characters. You accidentally spilled your water on the picture and were devastated. But, you had the best response I could ever imagine when you drew a graveyard with gravestones for all the characters later that day. It was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment