Sometimes you like to plan special days for us to spend together, so earlier this summer I suggested that you plan one day and I would plan one day. Today was the day I planned, officially called Mom & Kinley's Land of Stories Day.
"Glass that housed a lonely soul up 'til midnight's final toll."
Cinderella's slipper, found in the Charming Kingdom.
"A saber from the deepest sea, meant for a groom's mortality."
The Little Mermaid's dagger, Mermaid Bay.
"The bark of a basket held in fright while running from a bark with bite."
Here's where that basket came in, your bedroom was deemed Red Riding Hood's Kingdom while you slept.
"A stony crown that's made to share, found deep within a savage lair."
"A needle that pierced the lovely skin of a princess with beauty found within."
Sleeping Beauty's spindle, the Sleeping Kingdom.
Rapunzel's hair, of course, from the Corner Kingdom. I've got to be honest, I was so excited to be able to use the upstairs deck to pull this off, it was maybe my favorite thing of the whole day.
"Glittering jewels whose value increased after preserving the false deceased."
Jewels from Snow White's coffin, found in the Dwarf Forests.
"Teardrops of a maiden fairy feeling neither magical nor merry."
Vial of tears from the Fairy Kingdom.
Now for breakfast: Just-Right Baked Porridge.
You were 100% invested in this theme from the minute you got out of bed, so when breakfast was ready, you had already found a Goldilocks, porridge bowl, spoon, and 3 bears to sit at the table with us.
Dress up like your favorite character. You chose to dress as Brystal, the Fairy Godmother.
And you helped me choose an outfit to dress as Emerelda.
Next we got to decorate Fairy Council cupcakes.
And enjoyed a yummy snack with the leftover frosting and graham crackers.
Lunch was Peanut Butterboy and Jelly Sandwiches with Poisoned Apples.
To take it a step further, you insisted that we eat each part of our meal in the appropriate part of the house. PB&Js in the Troll & Goblin Territory, Poisoned Apples in Snow White's Northern Kingdom, and we even took our vitamins (which you deemed Sleeping Pills) in the Sleeping Kingdom.
It wasn't on the agenda, but you arranged for a Happily Ever After Assembly meeting and gathered all the royals and fairies for a lively discussion.
Lily Pad Tea Party, with Froggy and Red, of course.
And our beautiful Fairy Council Cupcakes!
Tangerina - beehive
Xanthous - flames
Emerelda - emerald
Skylene - waves
Violetta - apron
Coral & Rosette - flowers
And finally, we ate Jack's Magic Bean Quesadillas for dinner.
I had to give you a rain check on sleeping in the tent in the Corner Kingdom because we were getting some smoke from the wildfires, but I promised I will make it up to you soon.
All in all, a fantastic day. I know you loved it because at the end of the day you cried that it was over and declared it the best day of your entire life.





























No comments:
Post a Comment