Halloween!
For Friday's school lunch you asked if I could make your PB&J into a bat shape. I have to say I didn't pull through on that, but I thought this made up for it. I also labeled your chickpeas "Owl Snacks" which you seemed to like, so hopefully that worked for you.
There you are Hedwig! We spotted a number of Harrys and after school I asked if you considered following them around hooting and sticking your leg out when you saw them.
We just added this final touch a few days ago to make it more official.
At home, we had a fun Halloween weekend. We made several yummy Halloween themed snacks and foods including these pretzel & cheese broomsticks, pumpkin waffles, pumpkin spice popcorn, and caramel apples. Yummy!
Working on the caramel apples.
Halloween crafting.
All done. Yum!
And of course you carved a pumpkin. I remember sitting there thinking how refreshing it is to be wearing coats to carve our pumpkin, whereas in the past we've done this sweating in the heat of the desert.
You are old enough now that you can mostly do this on your own. I helped get the last bits of the inside cleaned out but that's all the help you got.
It is a cat on the left (me, animagus McGonagall) and and owl on the right (you), with the owl carrying a football for Dad.
You originally asked if we could trick or treat at home like we did last year, but since we were going to do real trick-or-treating in the neighborhood this year, I decided to try something a little different and we did a Halloween scavenger hunt instead. I still used all the Harry Potter themed locations, but this time you had clues taken from the books and had to follow them all over the house to find your prize at the end.
I tried to make it a little challenging so you had to go outside some too....
....and under the table....
....in the landscaping....
....and the storage room....
....digging through cabinets....
....but you made it through to the end!
And these smiles tell me it was worth all the work.
I also got a wonderful surprise this morning with the cutest bag of treats that you have been accumulating for me. It had lots of yummy stuff in it, but your thoughtfulness was definitely the best part.
All ready to head out into the neighborhood. Okay, so we only went to a handful of houses, but it was still fun and since the neighbors know us and normally don't get any trick or treaters, they totally spoiled you.
We invited the neighbors next door to bring Camden and join us.
Noting how you are the same height as this guy. I told you we needed to give him a name and I think you suggested Helium.
Taking inventory.
All in all I think we had a great Halloween weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment