Saturday, August 5, 2017

Malibu

We spent the past week in Malibu visiting friends and enjoying the weather and the beach.  You got to attend one week of summer camp at your old school and Daddy and I still worked so it was mostly just a break from the heat.

There were some definite highs (friends!) and lows (ants), but all in all it was a good trip.

We arrived on Sunday before we were able to check into the place we were staying so we grabbed a quick lunch and headed straight for the beach.


Visiting the chickens at Under the Oaks with Ace.
We rented a place on airbnb.  There were two bedrooms and the one you claimed had its own little porch with a chair and table so you wanted to spend as much time out there as possible.
Checking out the fish while we waited on our dinner date to show up.  One of my friends from work came to meet us for dinner that night.
Pacific sunsets.  My favorite.  Most nights I sat out on the porch after you went to bed to take in the scenery.

Beach day with old preschool friends.  So many friends came and we had a wonderful time.

Snacks with Aiden.
Leaf and Harrison in the sand.  Gaia and her mom, Bane, in the water (right).
Aiden, Gaia, Bane, you, Beatrix.  I know listing names is not all that interesting but I know a day will come that I might need help remembering.
Look at this karate kid!

When we were headed back to our blanket for snacks you stepped on something that stung your foot.  We're not sure what it was but we think it was probably either a small jellyfish or a fire ant.  Regardless, you were hurting and all ready to pack it up and go when we found your friends digging holes for the waves to fill with water.  That was all it took for you to get your second wind and you were back in the game.

You telling the waves to stop because the hole wasn't ready yet.
You and Owen, Lucie behind him.
Exhausted after that busy day!
Play date at Charlotte and Jack's house with Ollie & Mimi too.

Reiley trying to nose in there to see what's going on.
Another exhausting day.  I can't even remember the last time you napped on my lap prior to this.
Daddy!
New favorite outfit, courtesy of your cousin Edie.
 View from our airbnb.




The place we were staying was fully stocked with board games so we played a lot of Candy Land and Chutes & Ladders.
The face of a girl who just won.
More at Charlotte's house.
You found a Frozen radio and you two were taking turns singing and playing the piano horn thing.  Adorable.

More meals on your mini porch.
You've gotten so used to both parents being home all day that you didn't take well to Dad working in his office this week.  You cried every morning when he left.

On the flip side, you would anxiously await his arrival at the end of the day.  Here you are on day 1.

There he is!  You would proceed to yell at him during his entire walk up the drive....
....then meet him at the gate.
What a welcome!

Oh look I was there too!

Exploring the grounds.





I was in love with this old fire truck and barn.  I had glorious visions of an awesome photo shoot here.  But when we actually walked down to take pictures....
....this was what you gave me.  Are you a soldier?

Then there was this.





Not exactly the photos I was looking for but whatever.
Sorbet!

I know we spent a lot of time in the sun, but I knew it for sure when I noticed, for the first time ever, that you have tiny little freckles starting to peek out on your nose.  My heart goes pitter patter.  Oh how I love freckles.
This face all because Daddy didn't park by the pink flowers.  It's a rough life.

Just out for a drive after dinner.  I've always loved this spot on the PCH.




We visited Trancas Market twice and you declared this grass your dancing spot.

We missed my friend Erica's wedding in the Philippines in February, but we were fortunate that her LA reception fell on our last day in the area.  We packed up our things and headed to the Natural History Museum to kill a few hours before the reception.  You were excited to wear this, another new favorite dress from Edie, and talked all week about "the party."





No comments:

Post a Comment