Watching our library returns travel up the conveyor belt. We have been reading a lot lately now that you are into chapter books. When we return our books you like to put them on the conveyor one at a time and watch each one travel all the way out of sight before you start the next one.
Daddy-Daughter shoe club!
Dulcie the baking-talent fairy.
Learning about shadows. (Look at the chalk outlines, sort of hard to see.)
One day your red Little Tikes car was in the kitchen and I turned as I heard the wheels take off in a hurry and saw your feet fly up in the air. You were fine, though quite scared and upset. It appeared that you must have been standing on it so, after you calmed down a bit, I asked what you were trying to reach. Your reply: "I thought it would be a fun ride."
Practicing ballet. Mostly you were just excited about tights.
Watching the meerkats at the zoo. We were there early in the morning one weekend and 2 of them were running all over chasing each other and playing. It was a fun treat! You can see one next to your right arm in this photo.
After much delay we finally let you watch Frozen (with plenty of fast-forwarding through scary parts). Now you want to play Frozen EVERY SINGLE DAY. In order to keep me sane, I suggest things like, why don't we build them a castle? Sled? Ice castle? Have the characters do something else? ANYTHING else?
You recently discovered that when we eat fish, it is actually fish. I feel like this was a pivotal moment in your life. It took a couple more weeks for you to start asking questions about chicken. I'm still waiting on a vegetarian phase to kick in. I predict we could be seeing a lot of tofu in our future.
This was the day I told you, "if you're really that hungry you can eat vegetables while I make dinner." Though I have to give you credit, after a lot of playing you did eventually eat almost all of those.
Arch building at the children's museum. This is new since our last visit! Kudos to the 2 random moms walking by to help with the last piece and take our picture.
We found out that there are 2 tortoises at the museum for the summer months and happened to be talking about seeing them while the woman who cares for them was standing nearby. She came outside with us and brought their food so they would come out of their burrow and we got to watch them eat. Smiley and Abigail.
Plum skin lips.
We had such a great surprise when 2 of your friends from Malibu decided to make a last minute trip to La Quinta to see us before school started.
The day they arrived we met them at their hotel and swam all afternoon and well into the evening. By the time we dried off and got dinner it was well past your bedtime.
You and Alessandra are like 2 peas in a pod when you get to spend time together. Not long after this, the two of you decided to get in the pool with your clothes on while we were waiting on dinner to show up. I was not happy, but I'll admit it was cute. You were still soaked from the waist down when we got home that night.
And Gaia came along too!
The next day, the girls came to our house for a play date! Tennasyn was there too. ☺
We got an extra special treat this day because we had already planned a morning play date with Emmy & Reagan at our house, then Alessandra & Gaia came in the afternoon. Plus Micah was here earlier in the week. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful friends, near and far!
Every time we leave the Pre-K building you like to stop and stand like the Tinkerbell that is in the sidewalk. The Preschool Director gets a kick out of this. I'm not sure if you even know that she knows.
First day of your new dance class. We signed up for this without any real planning. Shea's mom texted me one day to tell me they were joining and asked if you would like it. Without really looking into it at all we went and registered. As of week 1 I am not thrilled with the class so far, but I'm willing to give it a little more time before making up my mind. We've paid through September so I'm going to see how the next few weeks go and try to remain positive. You had fun. I'm just trying to remind myself of that.
I've been making some real progress on your quilt recently. All the pieces are ready to sew together. Keeping my fingers crossed that the final product looks as great as I imagine. So many wonderful memories in this fabric.
Sometimes after telling us something you follow up with, "true story." It is clearly from us but we still think it's hilarious.
Tinkerbell's wedding.
First time painting your own toenails.
And mine too!
Fizzing potions, at your request. We opted for the sink this time since we killed a patch of grass last time.
Loving our plumeria trees this summer. Every person who visits our home tells us how beautiful they are.
In the mornings when you get out of bed you like to sneak up on me. Even though I clearly hear you coming I am not supposed to turn around until you touch me. If I accidentally do, you make me turn back around so you can try again.






























No comments:
Post a Comment