Today was a total solar eclipse. This is the first one Daddy and I remember since we were young. Based on what I've found online, it probably happened May 10, 1994, when we were around 11 years old (though it took a lot of searching to find that much and I'm not making any promises as to its accuracy). Also, the one when we were kids was an annual solar eclipse and the one today was a total solar eclipse, making it even more rare. We were not in the path of totality, but were estimated at about 60% coverage here in Southern California.
Daddy and I were pretty excited about it. You, less so. But we did talk about it in advance so you would have some concept of what was going on. I took you in my closet with a globe, mini soccer ball (moon), and flashlight to demonstrate. ☺
No comments:
Post a Comment