Current mispronunciations that I love:
zerio (zero)
breftast (breakfast)
plastical music (classical)
tenna shoes (tennis) "What shoes do you want to wear?" "My tenna."
tuba tube (inner tube)
Here is the first picture you ever drew of me. I adore it.
Rare afternoon nap. You were so tired you just curled up right on the floor next to my desk.
The day you asked for eyes with your lunch.
Dentist appointment.
Vroom, vroom.
You said you were still hungry after dinner and I asked what you wanted. Without hesitation you asked for sunflower seed butter out of the jar with a spoon. This was apparently a big treat because you were really excited. (I'll admit it, you've caught me sneaking spoonfuls from the jar more than once.)
A demonstration of my love for you: I finally let you mix the play dough colors.
You've been asking Daddy if you can go to work with him so we worked out a day to meet him for lunch. After lunch we went back to the office and he walked you around the whole floor, let you pick a snack from the break room (gummy bears!), and even draw on the white boards.
More soccer!
Lite Brite with Charlotte.
You asked if we could dye eggs. I guess it doesn't have to be Easter for that, right?
Ocean in a bottle.
My big find: Jimmy John's! First one I've seen in California and it's really close to our new house! Daddy didn't quite share my enthusiasm about this, but you enjoyed it.
A few months ago I told you that you could start using my "old" camera and you get it out once in awhile and go around the apartment trying to take pictures of things. There are mostly pictures of fingers covering the lens, but when I was going through them recently I found this one and was so in love with those chubby feet that I had to keep it.
Visit to Underwood Family Farms.
Feeding the baby goats. We were the first ones to feed them that morning and they were so hungry it was a little crazy. We went through an entire tray of bottles in about 5 minutes. They were so eager one or two of them even jumped through the gate. I think you enjoyed it but were pretty hesitant. Every time I tried to let you hold a bottle you dropped it so you mostly just watched me do it.
I think the petting zoo was maybe more your pace.
And a train ride.
Love.
Finally, off to pick some berries! You are some sort of expert berry picker. You were surprisingly good at choosing which ones were ready to pick and which ones to leave behind. AND you didn't ask to eat any until we were almost done and when I said "just one" you ate just one with no complaints.
We ended the day with a ride on the big wagon pulled by a tractor. For the first several minutes you just kept repeating "this is awesome!" over and over. It was hilarious and so sweet.
You decided to keep things interesting when you put popcorn in your nose one day. I was in the bathroom and you came running back very excited saying, "Mom there's popcorn in my nose!" Sure enough, there was a piece sticking out. I very calmly told you we don't put popcorn in our noses and gently pulled it out. But, no luck, it either broke off or there was another piece in there before that one. I had out a flashlight and tried using a baby snot sucker thing with no luck. I was trying to remain calm while actually panicking. I was in the midst of texting every nurse I know to see if I needed to go to the emergency room when I heard you sneeze. I didn't think much of it and continued in my frenzy when you walked over holding out your hand and said, "Mom here it is. I sneezed it out." *whew* Crisis averted. Let's never do that again.
My Mother's Day card and flower that you brought home from school.
You are of the opinion that all doors must always be shut.
Despite the fact that I've just replenished your whole wardrobe, you must be growing again. You have been eating some marathon meals where we sit down for an hour or more and you eat everything in sight. Some days I can't even believe you can fit that much food in your little tummy.
Your coloring has been getting really good lately. You colored this Jessie all on your own.
Decorating cookies for Mayfair.
I watched you eat pizza dipped in lemonade for dinner one evening. I guess as long as you're eating it doesn't matter.
Trying our hand at tie dye.
May no gesture or sigh go unexplained. If I make any noise or gesture with my hands you ask why. This is particularly noticeable in the car when I have a tendency to sort of pick my fingers up in an understated "why" gesture when other cars are doing something I don't like or don't understand. You of course ask why I do it, to which I tell you and generally get a very logical answer somewhere along the lines of, "they were just trying to turn on that road Mom."
The cookies you decorated.
Tie dye success!
Completed cookies. I was pretty proud, can you tell?
Our first flower from our garden.
You asked for a watch.
We made you a tent to sleep in. I think you tried it 2 nights and decided you didn't like sleeping there, but it was fun anyway. We put your mattress back and now you just play in the tent with your animals instead.
One day while watering the plants you told me, in regards to the zucchini plants, "You have to hug them. It makes them happy." You were, of course, hugging the plant, then proceeded to kiss each leaf.
Fun school project: soap!
One day I pulled an almost empty bag of chips from the pantry and you wanted some. They were almost gone anyway so I dumped them on a plate and we sat down to share. I apparently ate the chip that you wanted and you started to get really upset. I suggested you choose a different one but that didn't seem to appease you. I asked if you'd rather have crackers.
K: "Crackers have holes in them."
me: "You like crackers."
K: "I don't like food with holes in it when we're already eating chips."
"Fluffy" hair.
I started letting you play with a little shaving cream in the bath once in awhile and it's been a big hit. I saw an idea online of mixing shaving cream with cotton (essentially shredded cotton balls) and glitter. I think plain old shaving cream would have been just as fun and easier to clean up, but it was fun so I'm not complaining.
Eventually most of your outside toys made their way into the mess.
Fizzy fairy potion (vinegar, baking soda, dish soap, food coloring, and glitter).
Iceberg excavation. We rescued all the animals and put them in "boats."
You have started sucking on my neck. I'm not sure if you find it comforting or just funny but I find myself regularly fighting you off. I'm not really into the hickey look, particularly from my child.
Gardening at school. I sort of love days when your class is smaller than usual. I feel like it's more your speed that way.


















No comments:
Post a Comment