Today was your school's annual Mayfair fundraising event. It was lots of fun for everyone!
Making flower wreaths for the Maypole dance.
Mercedes (Paolo's mom) and Athena.
You have been singing several Spring songs around the house for weeks. We finally got to see you sing them with your class around the Maypole. So cute!
When all the classes were done, they invited your class to join the pre-k/kindergarten for one last song. This time you and Max stood just holding hands the whole time.
Fairy-making time! I worked much of the day at this table and have deemed myself expert fairy maker. I enjoyed getting to help all the kids but took plenty of breaks to spend time with you and Daddy, too.
I volunteered to get all the supplies ready for the fairies in advance, which included sewing 75 tiny hats. Yes, 75 tiny hats.
Jill and Max working on a fairy.
Enjoying Mr. Mark's music. When he played Make Believe Town you sang the chorus louder than any other kid in the room. I was watching from the hallway with several of the teachers and it was so stinking cute. I tried to get a video but of course the time I tried to catch it you were not as loud. I will share later anyway.
Daddy said Mr. Mark actually called you out trying to get everyone to join in, like Kinley. :)
I eventually came in the room to join and we convinced you to go sit on the rug with the rest of the kids.
When you saw Queen Meghan walk in you watched in awe and asked, "Mom is that a real fairy?" She was very magical indeed, and you were very excited to get your face painted.
Since I spent much of the day working the craft table I didn't get to see all the fun things you did. After we got home I was asking you about what all you did. I asked what animals you got to pet at the petting zoo and your response was "Bunnies, goats--" at which point, you immediately burst into tears.
The petting zoo was one of the first things you did after the Maypole dance and the goats started eating the flowers off your wreath. Daddy said they were all swarming you and one even put its hooves up on you. I was worried you would be scared, but he says you were laughing. He decided it was best to surrender your wreath and when you came to tell me what happened I told you we could make you a new wreath.
You never said any more about making another wreath so we didn't ever get it done, but when I asked you about the animals and you remembered the goats you were suddenly devastated we hadn't made a new one. Fortunately we had a vase of fresh flowers here and we whipped one out for you in no time.
All in all a really fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment