Today we got home from a fun, long weekend in Palm Springs.
We decided to break up the drive there with a quick stop at this roadside dinosaur museum. It was pretty cheesy, but you enjoyed it.
"Mom, that dinosaur looks just like you!" I don't know in what way, but we obviously had to get a picture with it.
We love driving by the windmills!
We were a little early for hotel check-in when we arrived on Friday so we stopped at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
Saturday: Joshua Tree National Park. For me, this was the highlight of the trip so I have to share LOTS of pictures.
Obligatory picture with a Joshua Tree.
We took a long drive through the whole park, but also made time to take a short hike while we were there.
Oh look, our car!
After a long time in the car we promised you a trip to the pool when we returned to the hotel. You loved the pool, but not the slide so much. So glad I caught these pictures on your first time down because you wouldn't go near it again. I think your face pretty much sums up your feelings.
Sunday: Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
SNOW!!!
We've actually been here with you before but it was 2 years ago so this was your first memory of seeing snow. You were really excited!
A little more hiking here.
Here is a view from the station at the bottom where the tram starts.
And an incoming tram.
We really planned this trip to celebrate our 7th anniversary, but due to Coachella and Stagecoach music festivals in the area, we delayed the trip a couple of weeks until things slowed down a little. This meant we were also celebrating Daddy's birthday and Mother's Day too! Sunday was Mother's Day so I requested a Mommy-Daughter picture.
This purse is what you picked out for me. I love it. Like, I really love it. Not just because you picked it out. I think you have better style than I do. You of course chose it because it is my favorite color.
Monday morning: one last trip to the pool before checkout.
You decided on this trip that you love going under water. You would hold our hands and jump off our legs to make yourself go under and then pull yourself up with the hands. It was really surprising, in a good way!
Holding on to the wall "walking" your hands over to the ladder all on your own.
And jumping in to Mommy.
We stopped at the nearby outlet mall on the way home and let you pick out some new tennis shoes. After we got back in the car you were out cold in 5 minutes. Always a sign of a good trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment