Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Change of Plans


Today I had my 38 week appointment and final ultrasound.  Everything still normal, but you continue to grow and the current estimate is 9 lbs 7 oz.  Dr. Rosenbaum and I had a long talk about all the risks of delivering a baby of your size and discussed what could go wrong and what our options were.  She was very patient with me as I asked lots of questions and admitted to her that I was, quite frankly, panicking.  In the end, she and I decided that the safest route for you would be to have a C-section.

I felt good about the decision and confident that we were doing the right thing, but to be honest, I was scared.  I cried the whole way home from the appointment.  I called your Daddy and cried.  I called my sister and cried some more.  But even so, I was confident we’d made the right decision and in the end, it came with a sense of relief.

Dr. Rosenbaum called the hospital to see how soon we could schedule the procedure and we got on the schedule for 5 p.m. Friday, March 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment