Saturday, March 30, 2013

Two Weeks Old!


Today you are 2 weeks old already!  Here are a few things I’ve learned about Kinley in those two weeks.
You think it’s funny to poop and pee on me during diaper changes.  You don’t ever do this to Daddy, just me.  Our new record on number of diapers we’ve gone through in one diaper change is up to 4.

You make the cutest face when I wake you up to eat.  We sit on the couch and I let you stretch while you’re waking up.  You rest on my chest just below my face and usually end up putting your two little arms on my chest with your fists together and your face resting on your hands.  You do this with your face all scrunched up, eyes tightly closed, and your chubby little cheeks looking just precious.  I wish there were a way for me to catch this in a photo but I think it’s just something I’m going to have to try my hardest to remember.

You run the show.  Despite my hardest efforts, if I have a plan in mind on how to make things go smoothly to work around doctors’ appointments or sleep schedules or whatever, you always like to remind me that I will learn to work around you.  That means you don’t always want to eat when I want you to or sleep when I want you to, but that’s okay.

You have your Daddy wrapped around your little finger.  This is no surprise to me, but I suspect it may be a surprise to him.  He loves you dearly.  He loves to hold you and cuddle with you and he thinks you’re the best baby that’s ever lived (you are).  He swears that no baby has ever been cuter (also true) and I don’t know if it’s you or not, but something has motivated him to get serious about getting more healthy.  This is no small feat.  I have been trying to improve his health for years and have gotten absolutely nowhere.  All I know is, you show up and within about a week, he’s ready to make a change.  I can only hope that it lasts.

You get the hiccups every time you eat.

You don’t like having your diaper changed, though you’re becoming increasingly more tolerant of it.

Sometimes you just want to cuddle, and Daddy and I are both happy to oblige.

You sneeze more than we would have expected.

You have beautiful dark bluish grey eyes.  We don’t know what color they will end up, but we think they’re so pretty right now.

You like to put your little fists in your mouth.  Especially when you are hungry and when I am trying to feed you.

You hardly ever cry.  We expect this will soon change, but we do appreciate that you’ve been pretty easy on us so far.  Because of this, we’ve never even offered you a pacifier, we just don’t see the need when you are so content already.

You have a way of making a perfect tiny “O” with your mouth from time to time.  We haven’t figured out what it means, if anything, but it cracks us up.

Within your first couple of days at home, you’d already figured out how to roll onto your left side.  You don’t do it often, which is okay by me.  No need to grow up too soon, Sweetheart.  You’re neck is already fairly strong at lifting your head and your Daddy has already declared you will be an early crawler.

When you are waking up you extend both your arms straight up over your head and I always tell you, “Kinley’s the champion.”

Your father wants me to add that you like to pretend you are talking on the phone when you sleep.  I think you maybe only do this when he holds you, but sure enough, you sometimes hold your little fist to the side of your face as though you were holding a phone.

Also, you lost your umbilical cord today.  You were completely unphased, but I’m pretty sure I have been traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment