The past week has been both productive and calming at the
same time. First, Daddy and I got signed
up for the new health insurance and after several days of phone calls and
questions, I have the information updated with both Dr. Rosenbaum and the
hospital. This may seem like a small
feat but the possibility of showing up to deliver a baby and asking the
hospital to just “trust me” on the subject of insurance coverage had me a
little stressed.
In addition, I confirmed that the pediatrician we want is
covered by our new plan so we have a doctor all picked out for you as well.
Second, I had been looking into some local photographers to
help us capture you in your first few days and as of yesterday I have not only
chosen someone, but have a tentative newborn session scheduled. Of course should you decide to show up early,
I will be happy to move that date up if needed.
Somewhere in the midst of the photographer search, I
realized the only pictures I have of me pregnant consist of me standing in a
mirror in our bathroom, and I really thought I should do better than that. So yesterday, I enlisted your father’s
help. My goal was to get just one decent
picture and I think we accomplished that.
In fact, there are even a few that qualify as decent and a few others I’ll
share here anyway because it’s probably the only time I’ll ever use them. Don’t worry, the camera is now back in the
hospital bag and ready for you!
We also had the 36 week doctor’s appointment on
Wednesday. Your Daddy came with me and
we got to see you once more. Dr.
Rosenbaum went over all the rules about when to head to the hospital and we are
ready to go. I had been both eager and
dreading this appointment because the ultrasound means they are able to give us
a better idea of how big you are currently measuring. And, as expected, you’re not a petite little
thing (don’t worry, this is no indication of how you will turn out as you
grow). The measurement gave us an
estimate of 8 lbs 7 oz, already! For
reference, my baby books say most babies are around 6 pounds at 36 weeks. So, woah!
The good news though, is that the doctor is just fine with
you making an early appearance, as are your Daddy and I, so….whenever you’re
ready, we’re ready. Dr. Rosenbaum
actually made a prediction that she thinks you will be here by 39 weeks, which
I am hoping is accurate and didn’t curse it.
Your father told you a few days ago that he thinks a Friday delivery
would be ideal, but I’ll take you any day of the week. He’s also calling you by name more and I
think it’s cute.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Norma are leaving this Wednesday
for 15 days in Hawaii and Grandma just bought herself a new Kindle for Skyping just
in case you show up while they’re gone, so I really can’t stress enough, that
we’re all eager and waiting.
Perhaps as a result of marking some things off my To Do
list, I have officially reached the calm and ready stage. You could show up today and I would be okay
with that. Everything that was a must-do
is done and I feel like Johnathon and I are both really ready (or as ready as
any new parent can be).
Thursday was my last day in the office and I am now working
from home full time. Good news as it
should now be nearly impossible for me to go into labor in Sherman Oaks, 20
miles from home, from Daddy, and from the hospital.
Over the past few weeks I have been making a little extra of
whatever I’ve been cooking and stocking our freezer so we will have plenty to
eat without the need to do a lot of cooking once you arrive.
I just cleaned the apartment and it was nice to think this
could possibly be the last time I have to clean before you arrive.
Finally, I have taken the time over the past few days to
start reading again, which has been a wonderful, relaxing thing. I have barely read anything but baby books
the entire time I’ve been pregnant, so it’s been a great thing. This is probably partially due to the fact
that I now find it nearly impossible to get comfy on the couch and there’s not
much else to do in bed other than read or sleep, but that’s okay with me.
Whew, this has been a huge update. To anyone still reading, I admire and
appreciate your patience. All in all I
feel like I’m in a good place (other than being unbelievably uncomfortable) and
we are eagerly awaiting Baby Britz’s big arrival.
No comments:
Post a Comment